Knock knock. Who’s there? It’s your Scout Elf, with some super amusing antics sure to make you smile! These ideas show off your elf’s playfulness, and their flair for the funny. Check out the photos below and laugh along as your elf produces some ideas that will totally tickle your funny bone!
Click each picture for full instructions for your Scout Elf.
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: Scout Elf Sleigh, Good Tidings Gift Boxes, beard prop
- Elf Pets® Reindeer
- Assemble the Scout Elf Sleigh and Good Tidings Gift Boxes from Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts and set them beside each other.
- Hook their sleigh to the Elf Pets® Reindeer.
- Put on the beard prop from Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts.
- Hop inside to go for a sleigh ride!
Get Me Out of Here!
- Picture frame
- Copier or camera
- Colour printer
Oh my, it looks like your Scout Elf is stuck in the picture frame! To create this silly surprise, your elf will use a copier to scan himself or herself (your elf could also press themselves up against a window and take a picture if a copier is unavailable). After cutting out the image, your Scout Elf will put their picture in one of your frames and sit nearby to watch you discover their funny photo!View More Elf Ideas
Freshest OJ Around
- Silly Straws
Your Scout Elf just couldn’t help it—they had to have a sip of the freshest orange juice around! Before they start sipping, your Scout Elf will use a knife or other sharp object to puncture the skin of the orange. Then, your elf will carefully slide a silly straw in the hole to get to the yummy juice in the middle of the orange. Go ahead, have a sip!View More Elf Ideas
Ha Ha Holiday Costumes
- Claus Couture Collection® Clothing: Ha Ha Holiday Costumes
It’s a candy cane! It’s a Christmas tree! No, it’s a Scout Elf! To give you a good laugh, your Scout Elf will don one of the Ha Ha Holiday Costumes and dress up as a Candy Cane or Christmas tree. Then, they’ll be sure to pick a spot where you’re sure to see their giggle-worthy get-up.View More Elf Ideas
Pin the Nose on the Snowman
- Painter's tape
- Orange construction paper
- Scout Elves at Play® Tools: Holiday Harness (also pictured: Merry Message Cube)
It’s time for the pin the…nose on the snowman? That’s right! Your Scout Elf will create a funny variation of a favourite party game by:
- Drawing a picture of a snowman without a nose.
- Using painter’s tape to attach it to a wall.
- Cutting mini carrots out of orange construction paper.
- Tying a small blindfold around their eyes with a piece of cloth.
- Using the Holiday Harness from the Scout Elves at Play® kit to secure themselves to a wall. (Helpful hint: the Holiday Harness works best on slick surfaces such as glass and tile.)
- Holding onto a carrot and trying to pin the nose on the snowman!
- Red pom-poms
Your silly Scout Elf is at it again! To show off their love of playing jokes and dressing up at the North Pole, your elf will tape small red pom-poms to one of your family photos—and wear their own clown nose! Use your Scout Elf’s set-up as an opportunity to spur some silly fun for your family—like create some knock-knock jokes or put on a funny fashion show!View More Elf Ideas
- Dry-erase markers
Scout Elves are always looking for a way to put a smile on your face…sometimes literally! Your scout elf will gather some dry erase markers and draw a funny picture on the mirror in your bathroom—like reindeer antlers and a ruby red nose, or an elf hat and collar! Finally, your elf will write a fun message asking you to check out your new reflection!View More Elf Ideas
- Mini marshmallows
- That long return flight from the North Pole sure made your Scout Elf tired! For their first order of business in your home, your elf will gather mini marshmallows to set up a place to regain energy.
- Next, your elf will place the marshmallows in a bowl.
- Finally, your elf will climb inside and write a note to let you know that they’re “marsh-mellowing” out!
- Popcorn bucket
- White paper
- Red construction paper
- Blue construction paper
Lights, camera, naptime! Your Scout Elf set up the perfect movie night, but before they knew it, they fell asleep right in the popcorn bucket! To complete this silly cinema snooze scene, your Scout Elf will:
- Make their own 3D glasses by cutting a small pair of shades out of white paper and taping one rectangle of blue construction paper over one eye piece and one red paper rectangle over the other eye piece.
- Tip over the bucket of popcorn.
- Crawl inside to take a snooze with the remote nearby.
Before you or your elf get to work recreating any of these inspirational photos, be sure to read these safety warnings. Santa wants to make sure everyone stays safe!