Have you ever wondered how Santa delivers all his presents in one night? He uses Christmas magic made from Christmas cheer, of course!
Each time a child does a kind deed, they create a little Christmas cheer which helps Santa do his job. Be sure to keep a lookout for his Elf Pets® Saint Bernard pups too who collect all of the Christmas cheer you create!
How many kind deeds do you think your family can complete this year?
Lend a helpful hand
- Offer to do chores for your elderly neighbours.
- Wash the car.
- Help out with the gardening.
- Make lemonade for your neighbours.
- Make someone’s bed for them.
- Help your mum carry the shopping in.
- Help an elderly person to cross the road.
- Offer to help pack someones shopping at the supermarket.
- De-ice your parents or neighbours car.
- Lend an umbrella to someone in need.
- Help clean up the classroom after an activity.
- Help someone who’s been poorly catch up with homework.
Do those chores
- Help empty the dishwasher.
- Help out with the ironing.
- Pull weeds out in the garden.
- Sweep the kitchen floor.
- Clean the bathroom.
- Set the table before dinner.
- Offer to help make dinner.
- Clean your room without being asked.
- Feed your pets.
- Clean out your pets’ cage/hutch.
- Give the dog a bath.
- Wash up after dinner.
- Vacuum your home.
- Clean the windows.
- Bring your laundry down.
- Hang your clothes up.
Help those in need
- Sort through your toys and donate old ones.
- Bake sweet treats and deliver them to a homeless shelter.
- Help someone with their homework.
- Feed the birds in your garden or at the park.
- Raise money for your favourite charity.
- Donate your old clothes.
- Pick a toy in the toy shop and give it to someone else.
- Volunteer your time to help others.
- Take colouring books and magazines to a children’s hospital.
- Donate your pocket money to a charity.
- Wrap an extra gift this Christmas and take it to the homeless shelter.
- Visit your grandparents and ask them to tell you a story.
- Run a bath for your Mum or Dad.
- Do your sibling’s hair for them.
- Tell your family why you love them.
- Make Mum and Dad breakfast in bed.
- Call a long distance relative.
- Let your sibling go first at something.
- Bake your Mum’s favourite cake.
- Set up a board game for the family to play.
- Pick a film the whole family can enjoy.
- Help your younger siblings get ready in the morning.
- Make your older sibling a cup of tea when they get in.
- Put chocolates on your parents’ pillows.
- Write a song and perform it for your family and friends.
- Read a book to your younger siblings.
- Offer to babysit your younger siblings for free.
Make someone smile
- Give a flower to a neighbour (make sure it’s from your garden!).
- Give someone a hug.
- Make someone laugh.
- Tell a joke.
- Smile at everyone.
- Let someone know they’re doing a good job.
- Remind someone they’re amazing.
- Tell someone to have a nice day.
- Leave a nice message on the bathroom mirror
Think of the planet
- Pick up rubbish whenever you see it.
- Help recycle your rubbish.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth – encourage others to do it too!
- Leave water out for wildlife.
- Build a bee hotel for the bees.
Get crafty for good
- Make a friendship bracelet and give it to a new friend.
- Make a get well card for someone who’s poorly.
- Make a homemade gift for someone.
- Paint a picture for someone.
- Create a care package for someone in need.
- Make kindness rocks and leave them places people will find them.
Do something out of the ordinary
- Play with someone new today.
- Send a postcard to someone you love.
- Sing a song to cheer someone up.
- Leave a random note saying something kind and positive.
- Teach someone something new.
- Spend time at an animal shelter.
- Leave a good book somewhere with a note.
- Invite someone round to play.
- Talk to someone sitting alone.
- Tape change to a vending machine for the next person.
- Take treats into class for everyone.
- Make a pen pal.
- Take trollies back to where they should be in the supermarket car park.
- Hand balloons out to children at the park.
The little things…
- Listen to someone without judgement.
- Leave a thank you note.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the queue.
- Share your sweets with someone else.
- Say something nice about a friend.
- Offer a guest in your home a drink.
- Write a positive review online.
- Make sure you’re always on your best behaviour.
- Say thank you to the lunch workers at school.
- Give the school caretaker a sweet treat.